Peter Cosgrove was speaking on Newstalk breakfast about the effect a visible tattoo may have on interview and job prospects.
He discusses the following in his interview:
- How tattoos may not affect your job performance but may affect others around you
- How it is really only an issue for certain types of jobs
- The Unconscious Bias effect of visible tattoos, even if we do not think it affects us, think of how you would feel if your surgeon had a visible tattoo
- Conservatism, while many argue that this will all stop being as society becomes less conservative, you only need to look at countries like the US who are regressing and not progressing
- The concern employers may have about what their clients may think
- Finally – what to do at interview if you do have a visible tattoo.